- Counselors interested in a brief mental health screening tool
- Psychological screening for both adult and adolescent populations
- Referrals for counseling or mental health agencies
- Online administration with concise report including category classification for psychological functioning
What is the PSI-2?
The Psychological Screening Inventory-2 (PSI-2) is a brief mental health screening device ideal for situations where professional time and resources may be at a premium. It is easy to administer and interpret and is appropriate for adolescents and adults. The PSI-2 identifies people who might benefit from more extensive examination and professional attention. Composed of 139 items, the PSI-2 can usually be completed in 15 minutes and is suitable for individual administration on SIGMA’s online testing platform. The PSI-2 can be used in community clinics, hospitals and medical facilities, high school and college counseling offices, referral agencies, courts and correctional facilities, and other mental health screening settings.
Why Should I Use the PSI-2?
SUPERIOR DEVELOPMENT. In developing the PSI-2, the author followed a number of general guidelines including:
- Avoiding objectionable item content
- Selecting short, concise items
- Ensuring content validity
- Minimizing the influence of socially desirable responding
- Balancing positive and negative keyed items
- Constructing non-overlapping scales to facilitate statistical analysis
- Choosing nontechnical scale names that emphasize practical utility and permit simple cut scores
CONVENIENT. Administration takes 15-20 minutes on SIGMA’s online platform – SigmaTesting.com. Reports are generated immediately. Results are presented using graphs, raw scores, standardized scores, scale descriptions, and administrative indices.
RELIABLE AND VALID. The PSI-2 is a reliable and valid clinical screening tool. Validation studies with observer ratings and correlations between the PSI-2 and several well-known assessments, including the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), are presented in the manual.
An overview of startup costs is provided below. A detailed pricing list can be accessed via the link at the bottom of the page.
PSI-2 Startup Costs
|US Pricing||Canadian Pricing|
Click here for a complete listing of all our PSI/PSI-2 products and pricing.
Need more information? Click here to Request a Quote.