Enhance your organization’s leadership and team performance through the application of mindfulness skills and the science of positive psychology.
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment with specific positive attitudes. It means connecting with what’s going on inside yourself and around yourself – knowing what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
Mindfulness is the foundation for many critical leadership abilities including:
- Focusing on what’s most important
- Maintaining emotional control in the face of stress
- Working well with others
- Managing complexity and adapting to change
- Enhancing creativity and innovation
“The main business case for mindfulness is that if you are fully present on the job, you will be more effective as a leader, you will make better decisions, and you will work better with other people.”
– Bill George, Harvard Business Professor, Former Medtronic CEO
SIGMA offers several options that integrate mindfulness skills training with best practices for leadership success.
- Online training that can be done at your own pace
- Workshops (half and full-day options)
- One-on-one coaching
For more information, download the PDF of our mindfulness coaching services.
Watch our Mindfulness Program Director Dr. Ruby Nadler talk about what mindfulness is and why it’s so critical for leadership:
Mindfulness at Work Leader Development Program
“The faculty of bringing back a wandering attention over and over again is the very root of judgment, character, and will.”
– William James
Learn the foundations of mindfulness and integrate your practice with the development of key leadership capabilities in this self-paced online training program.
- Choose an 8-week or 4-week program
- Develop a consistent mindfulness practice
- Work through each module in 15-20 minutes
- Enhance your emotional intelligence, resilience, and leadership skills
Participants in an upcoming peer-reviewed study on the benefits of mindfulness in the workplace reported results including improved resilience, decreased stress, improved decision-making and interpersonal skills.
Feedback from participants of our 8-week Mindfulness at Work Leadership Development Program:
“Great program! I appreciated all that I learned and am excited to implement these practices in my work environment and daily life.”
“THANK YOU! I LOVED THIS PROGRAM. I feel very lucky to have been part of it.”
“Through Mindfulness meditation I have become more peaceful and aware. I find it very helpful to stop my mind going into panic mode by just noticing my breathing. The feeling after this 8-week program is the best I have felt in a long time. Keep Breathing!!!”
“This was a beneficial use of my time and I have been continuing to meditate most mornings.”
“Always on, multi-tasking work environments are killing productivity, dampening creativity, and making us unhappy.”
– McKinsey Quarterly
We offer “taster” introduction to mindfulness sessions (60-90 minutes) as well as half and full-day workshops on the following topics:
- In this workshop participants will be exposed to mindfulness practices that open up space to think about the innovation challenges they face
- We discuss how mindfulness can be used to support principles of design thinking and stages of creativity
- We will share principles for doing deep work and encouraging flow states