Enhance your organization’s leadership and team performance through the application of mindfulness skills and the science of positive psychology.
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment with specific positive attitudes. It means connecting with what’s going on inside yourself and around yourself – knowing what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
Mindfulness is the foundation for many critical leadership abilities including:
- Focusing on what’s most important
- Maintaining emotional control in the face of stress
- Working well with others
- Managing complexity and adapting to change
- Enhancing creativity and innovation
“The main business case for mindfulness is that if you are fully present on the job, you will be more effective as a leader, you will make better decisions, and you will work better with other people.”
– Bill George, Harvard Business Professor, Former Medtronic CEO
SIGMA offers several options that integrate mindfulness skills training with best practices for leadership success.
- Online training that can be done at your own pace
- Workshops (half and full-day options)
- One-on-one coaching
Watch our Mindfulness Program Director Dr. Ruby Nadler talk about what mindfulness is and why it’s so critical for leadership:
Mindfulness at Work Leader Development Program
“The faculty of bringing back a wandering attention over and over again is the very root of judgment, character, and will.”
– William James
Learn the foundations of mindfulness and integrate your practice with the development of key leadership capabilities in this self-paced online training program.
- Choose an 8-week or 4-week program
- Develop a consistent mindfulness practice
- Work through each module in 15-20 minutes
- Enhance your emotional intelligence, resilience, and leadership skills
Participants in an upcoming peer-reviewed study on the benefits of mindfulness in the workplace reported results including improved resilience, decreased stress, improved decision-making and interpersonal skills.
Feedback from participants of our 8-week Mindfulness at Work Leadership Development Program:
“Great program! I appreciated all that I learned and am excited to implement these practices in my work environment and daily life.”
“THANK YOU! I LOVED THIS PROGRAM. I feel very lucky to have been part of it.”
“Through Mindfulness meditation I have become more peaceful and aware. I find it very helpful to stop my mind going into panic mode by just noticing my breathing. The feeling after this 8-week program is the best I have felt in a long time. Keep Breathing!!!”
“This was a beneficial use of my time and I have been continuing to meditate most mornings.”
“Always on, multi-tasking work environments are killing productivity, dampening creativity, and making us unhappy.”
– McKinsey Quarterly
We offer “taster” introduction to mindfulness sessions (60-90 minutes) as well as half and full-day workshops on the following topics:
- In this workshop participants will be exposed to mindfulness practices that open up space to think about the innovation challenges they face
- We discuss how mindfulness can be used to support principles of design thinking and stages of creativity
- We will share principles for doing deep work and encouraging flow states