How to guide for using multisource feedback tools
360° Rater Guide
The LCIA-360° feedback rater guide was designed to provide information on how 360° assessments (a.k.a. multisource feedback tools) function. 360° tools are among the most popular methods of evaluating employee performance and developmental needs. 360° assessments help evaluate the qualities of employees for character, knowledge, skills, abilities, and performance. These reviews can help employees identify strengths and opportunities for future development.
What makes a 360° assessment different from other employee evaluation tools is the use of multiple raters. Traditional approaches to employee evaluation only consider the input of an employee’s direct supervisor.
In contrast, a 360° assessment collects ratings from the employee as well as from multiple people who have different relationships with this employee. Some of the relationships include supervisors, colleagues, and direct/indirect reports. Raters provide ratings for the target employee, and are also asked to provide written comments or narrative feedback to enrich their ratings. This process provides a more comprehensive picture of the employee’s strengths and developmental opportunities.
The LCIA-360° rater guide will provide you with information to:
- Explain how 360° assessments differ from traditional employee evaluations
- Define the dimensions of character assessed by the LCIA-360°
- Understand how the LCIA-360° is administered
- Identify common pitfalls associated with 360° ratings, and know how to avoid them
- Provide useful and meaningful narrative feedback within a 360° assessment
- Recognize common patterns in 360° ratings
Complete the contact form to access a PDF copy of the LCIA-360° Feedback Rater Guide.
Visit the LCIA information page to learn more about our character assessment.