Succession Planning Training
Succession planning is a necessary strategic leadership development process for organizations of all sizes. However, many companies operate without a strategic plan for their future. Often, succession planning is delayed not because companies don’t understand the importance, but because they don’t know where to begin.
To get you started, we’ve developed an engaging Succession Planning Training. The workshop is delivered in two half-day virtual sessions, both of which are designed to provide concentrated, interactive, succession planning training. By the end of this training, you will understand succession planning, hold a working succession plan for a position of your choice, and have the knowledge and tools to replicate the process across all levels of your organization. These sessions are highly concentrated and interactive.
“I recently went through the Sigma Succession Planning Training and it was phenomenal. I am in the process of standardizing our succession processes across our Americas region and this is exactly what I wanted. Brittney and Helen gave me the resources I needed to help my team be able to easily understand how to identify critical roles easier and then begin to build out each of their benches in a methodical way. I can’t wait to start using all the tools!”
– Jen Kilman, Director, Talent Development, Omron Management Center of America
SIGMA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
SIGMA has also been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be
used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD)
and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials.
Who Should Attend?
This Succession Planning Training is suitable for Leadership Development Professionals, Training Professionals, Coaches, Consultants, Human Resources Professionals, Board members, Executives, Team Leaders, Project Managers, Middle Managers, Supervisors, and anyone else who is or will be responsible for designing and implementing a succession plan.
By the end of the virtual workshop, you will understand succession planning, hold a working succession plan for a position of your choice, and have the knowledge and tools to replicate this process across all levels of your organization. In this succession planning workshop, you will learn to:
- Generate momentum and gain executive support for succession planning
- Systemically identify the critical roles in your organization
- Build success profiles that balance current positional requirements with future organizational needs
- Focus your organization’s talent development initiatives with validated assessments
- Build and develop the breadth and depth of your talent pool
- Communicate your succession planning process to all levels of the organization
- Measure, monitor, and communicate ROI
- And more…
Succession Planning Training Agenda
During the virtual training, our experienced team will leverage our proven process and tools to help you build an actionable succession plan for a critical position in your organization.
In the first half-day session, we focus on documenting your specific organizational needs and gathering information to help build your detailed succession plan. This includes:
- Nominating your Succession Advisory Team (SAT)
- Identifying critical roles to help determine focus moving forward
- Developing a Success Profile for a position of your choice
- Using scientifically validated assessments to finalize Success Profiles
After the first session you will validate Success Profiles by gathering feedback from your SAT and leveraging assessment results. In the second half-day succession planning training session we will review the process and show you how to:
- Document a succession bench for the position
- Identify and generate development opportunities that will motivate your top talent
- Deliver a structured coaching process to engage leadership, drive development, and maintain accountability
- Determine what objective metrics you currently have in place to measure success and maintain accountability
- Communicate your succession process across the organization with sample communication templates for each audience
- Scale your plan to other positions in your company
Would you like to speak with a consultant?
If you would like to speak with one of our succession planning consultants, contact us below! Our workshop facilitators are always happy to tell you more about the curriculum, SIGMA’s Succession Planning Process, and how our training may be a benefit to your team.
Erica Sutherland, P.h.D.
SENIOR CONSULTANT & EXECUTIVE COACH
Erica completed her Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational psychology at Western University. She is a Senior Consultant at SIGMA, where she delivers consulting services and Succession Planning solutions to clients. As a member of SIGMA’s executive coaching team, Erica works one-on-one with leaders to develop talent. She also brings her expertise in measurement and psychometrics to the R&D team, assisting with the development and validation of SIGMA’s many assessments.
Brittney Anderson, P.h.D.
LEADERSHIP CONSULTANT & EXECUTIVE COACH
Brittney is a member of our coaching and consulting team. She brings her expertise in evidence-based practice to provide companies with leadership solutions that meet their needs. Primarily, Brittney helps her clients prepare for their future with succession planning and comprehensive leadership development programs. As an executive coach, she helps leaders hone their skills using a process-based approach to development.
Ready to Start Succession Planning?
SIGMA’s Succession Planning Training is great place to begin. In just two interactive sessions you will have all the information and tools you need to create a succession plan that meets your needs for just $1,995.