Succession Planning, Custom Made
Succession planning is a necessary strategic process for organizations of all sizes. However, many companies operate without a plan for their future. That’s why, at SIGMA, we’ve designed simple succession products to get you started. If you’re looking to build a succession plan that is custom-designed to fit your needs, our Launch Series was made for you. Our sessions are flexible to meet your needs. We offer in-person and online services that will bring your leadership team together to create a plan that will work for you.
The Launch Series takes advantage of our structured process to:
- Accomplish 6 months of work in just two sessions
- Provide an excellent way for you to evaluate the value SIGMA will bring to your Succession Planning Process with minimal cost and commitment
- Deliver a detailed 12-month Succession Plan in just 4 to 6 weeks
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all our succession planning services are currently being offered online. Contact us today to find out how our online solutions can help your company create a custom succession plan tailored to your needs.
What is SIGMA’s Succession Planning Launch Series?
Meet Alex. Alex works at a company where many of the leaders are nearing retirement. This means they are at risk of losing decades of knowledge and experience. Alex is tasked with creating a Succession Plan to help his company prepare for the future and develop talent from within.
Timing is critical and a plan needs to be put in place as soon as possible.
Alex is quickly overwhelmed. An effective Succession Plan needs to consider many factors including the company vision, critical roles, talent assessment, development plans and more. How can he create a plan within the required time?
Fortunately, Alex finds SIGMA. SIGMA’s Succession Planning Launch Series helps companies develop a custom-made, comprehensive succession plan in as little as 6 weeks.
The process is simple. SIGMA brings Alex and his advisory team together for just two sessions. In the first session, SIGMA’s succession planning consultants help Alex and the Succession Advisory Team identify critical roles and draft success profiles. In the 2nd session SIGMA helps his team assess individual development needs and outline steps to groom talent and measure progress.
Within a few weeks, SIGMA delivers the custom succession plan, detailing the steps that need to be taken for the year ahead.
Alex now has everything he needs to implement the plan on his own, but he knows that competing priorities might make it difficult to stay on task. So, Alex continues to work with SIGMA to implement the Succession Plan, which holds the team accountable to meeting their objectives.
Before long, Alex’s company is implementing their Succession Plan and seeing results. Each critical role has multiple succession candidates, talent discussions are an ongoing part of leadership meetings, and succession candidates are making progress toward development goals.
Since 1967, SIGMA has helped thousands of organizations just like Alex’s develop their people potential. SIGMA can help you build your company’s customized succession plan quickly and effectively. Visit sigmasuccession.com to get started today.
Through two interactive sessions, our experienced consultants will work with your leadership team to build an actionable Succession Plan that meets your company’s goals.
Launch Session One
In the first (half-day) session, we focus on learning about your specific organizational needs and gathering information to help build your detailed Succession Plan including:
- Nominating your Succession Advisory Team
- Documenting your current Succession Planning process
- Identifying Critical Roles to help determine focus moving forward
- Developing Draft Success Profiles for each leader
- Developing Draft Succession Benches for each leaders team
- Determining what objective metrics you currently have in place
We then work with what we’ve learned to prepare a customized Succession Plan for each member of your management team including a detailed project plan for each stage of the process.
Launch Session Two
In the second session, we collectively review, critique and analyze the Succession Plan while:
- Reinforcing the urgency of Succession Planning using staff metrics, hiring activities, and retirement eligibility data
- Validating draft Success Profiles and Succession Benches by leveraging perspectives from multiple leaders
- Developing Assessment and Development Plans for successors
- Building accountability into the process by assigning deliverables and milestones
- Delivering the knowledge, structure, and resources you need to successfully implement and manage a robust Succession Process
The Succession Plan becomes a living document and will form the foundation for managing your process, providing accountability, and measuring progress.
Ready to Get Started?
At SIGMA, we want to help you create a succession plan that meets your needs. Visit our Simple Succession Template Guide, downloadable templates, and helpful videos for more valuable resources. Contact us to learn more about our succession planning offerings and how we can help your company plan for the future.