The Need for Succession Planning
Due to a variety of demographic factors, there is a heightened sense of urgency for organizations to focus on succession planning to lessen risk and stay competitive.
Despite this urgency, organizations continue to delay making succession planning a priority. As a result, they struggle to simply keep up with every day, organizational demands.
SIGMA can help with our Succession Planning Launch Series.
The Succession Planning Launch Series delivers a CUSTOM SUCCESSION PLAN THAT WILL STAND UP TO BOARD SCRUTINY while requiring less than 8 hours from your leadership team.
What is SIGMA’s Succession Planning Launch Series?
Through 2 interactive sessions, we work with your leadership team to build an actionable Succession Plan.
In the first (half-day) session, we focus on learning about your specific organizational needs and gathering information to help build your detailed Succession Plan including:
- Nominating your Succession Advisory Team
- Documenting your current Succession Planning process
- Identifying Critical Roles to help determine focus moving forward
- Developing Draft Success Profiles for each leader
- Developing Draft Succession Benches for each leaders team
- Determining what objective metrics you currently have in place
We then work with what we’ve learned to prepare a customized Succession Plan for each member of your management team including a detailed project plan for each stage of the process.
Succession Plan Table of Contents
In the second session, we collectively review, critique and analyze the Implementation Plan while:
- Reinforcing the urgency of Succession Planning using staff metrics, hiring activities, and retirement eligibility data
- Validating draft Success Profiles and Succession Benches by leveraging perspectives from multiple leaders
- Developing Assessment and Development Plans for successors
- Building accountability into the process by assigning deliverables and milestones
- Delivering the knowledge, structure, and resources you need to successfully implement and manage a robust Succession Process
The Succession Plan becomes a living document and will form the foundation for managing your process, providing accountability, and measuring progress.
We sincerely believe that our Succession Planning Launch Series is the simplest and most cost-effective way for you to build a robust Succession Planning process to ensure your organization’s leadership is positioned for success and prepared for the unknown.
Email Glen for More Information