- Employers and HR professionals looking to develop emotional intelligence (EI), and exceptional interpersonal skills among their leaders and employees
- Those looking for a deeper understanding of how key components of EI affect an individual’s workplace performance
- Those seeking a measure of EI with items that are specific to the workplace – thereby enhancing the validity of the assessment
- Those seeking a brief, comprehensive, personality-based measure of EI
- Those seeking convenient online administration and an intuitive report with actionable developmental advice
What is the MEIA-W-R?
The Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment – Workplace – Revised (MEIA-W-R) is the next generation of our original MEIA-W assessment. It was designed to measure EI in work settings. EI allows individuals to perceive, understand, regulate, and express emotions. The Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment – Workplace – Revised consists of 78 items that assess 11 distinct dimensions of emotional intelligence.
Why Should I Use the MEIA-W-R?
Distinct. The MEIA-W-R is the only trait-based, self-report measure of EI that captures each facet defined by Salovey and Mayer’s (1990) influential model of EI. The context-relevant questions were customized for work settings and provide enhanced validity over other context-neutral EI measures.
Convenient. The MEIA-W-R can be administered in just 15 minutes on SIGMA’s online platform – SigmaTesting.com. Reports are generated immediately. Results are presented using multiple formats, including graphs, percentiles, and scale descriptions, that are insightful and easy to understand.
Superior Development. The MEIA-W-R was developed to overcome critical shortcomings found in many popular EI measures. Items were carefully developed, selected, and refined to minimize the influence of response bias that can significantly undermine the validity of test results. Unlike other popular measures, the MEIA-W-R was designed to reduce the effects of: a) social desirability response bias (tendency to present oneself in a favorable light) and b) acquiescence response bias (tendency to positively endorse items even if not descriptive of the self).
Reliable and Valid. The MEIA-W-R is a reliable and valid measure of EI. Test norms are based on the responses of 940 individuals (477 male, 453 female) ranging in age from 18 to over 60 (M = 39) from a variety of industries, including health care, education, retail, and professional and technical services.
How Does the MEIA-W-R Differ from the Original MEIA-W?
Broader coverage of the EI domain. We’ve added a Delayed Gratification scale, recognizing that focused attention and effort on longer term goals, versus pursuit of opportunities that provide short-term rewards, is critical for effective workplace performance.
Shorter administration time. The MEIA-W-R consists of fewer items, while remaining as reliable, valid, and trustworthy as the original MEIA-W. The MEIA-W-R can be completed in approximately 15 minutes.
Updated content. Based on several rigorous studies we’ve updated the item content to more accurately reflect the experience of today’s workforce. Scale names and definitions have also been updated to more closely reflect their impact on workplace performance.
MEIA-W-R Development Report
The MEIA-W-R Development Report is a comprehensive report that provides leaders and employees with:
- Insight regarding the nature and composition of EI and its impact on performance in the workplace
- An overall snapshot of results on each of the 11 dimensions measured by the MEIA-W-R
- Enhanced understanding of scores on each dimension based on classification into Enhance, Develop, or Refine performance categories
- Dedicated pages for each dimension containing a detailed description of the dimension, how the dimension can impact workplace performance, implications associated with underuse and overuse of the dimension, and customized developmental advice based on scores
- MEIA-W-R Scales
- MEIA-W-R Sample Report
- MEIA-R Psychometric Summary
- How to Use the MEIA-R / MEIA-W-R Across Cultures
- How to Interpret the MEIA-R / MEIA-W-R Across Cultures
- How to Use the MEIA-W-R for Succession Planning
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Workplace Emotional Intelligence
- Importance of EI in Leadership Roles
- How is EI Measured?
- How is the MEIA Different?
Available for online administration and scoring.
MEIA-W-R Startup Costs
How Do I Order?
Purchasing the MEIA-W-R is quick and easy. The first step is to complete an application form to get approved for an online account. Once approved, you will receive an email with your login information. At that point, you can log in, purchase tests, and begin testing.
Need more information? Click here to submit a question. Our customer service team will contact you within 1 to 2 business days with a response. You can also call us at our toll free line at 1-800-401-4480 (in Canada) or 1-800-265-1285 (in the US).