- Counselors looking for a brief measure of the experience, expression, and control of anger
- Counselors who want to explore how the components of state anger, trait anger, and anger expression could potentially contribute to medical conditions
- Clients between the ages of 16 and 63
- Paper-and-pencil administration and hand scoring
What is the STAXI-2?
The State-Trait Anger Expression Inventory-2 (STAXI-2) is a 57-item inventory which measures the intensity of anger as an emotional state (State Anger) and the disposition to experience angry feelings as a personality trait (Trait Anger). The instrument consists of six scales measuring the intensity of anger and the disposition to experience angry feelings. Items consist of 4-point scales that assess intensity of anger at a particular moment and the frequency of anger experience, expression, and control.
Why Should I Use the STAXI-2?
MEASURES INTENSITY AND FREQUENCY. The State Anger scale assesses the intensity of anger as an emotional state at a particular time. The Trait Anger scale measures how often angry feelings are experienced over time. The Anger Expression and Anger Control scales assess four relatively independent anger-related traits: expression of angry feelings toward other persons or objects in the environment, holding in or suppressing angry feelings, controlling angry feelings by preventing the expression of anger toward other persons or objects in the environment, and controlling suppressed angry feelings by calming down or cooling off.
REAL LIFE APPLICABILITY. The STAXI-2 helps counselors identify individuals who tend to suppress their anger, making it a useful tool in identifying those at risk for physical health issues such as hypertension, as well as mental health issues.
RELIABLE AND VALID. The technical manual presents correlations of the State Anger and Trait Anger scales with other personality scales. It also provides evidence supporting validity of the anger expression scales. Norms are available for adolescents (16 to 19 years), adults, and psychiatric patients.
- List of STAXI-2 Scales
- STAXI-2 Research Bibliography – reproduced with special permission of PAR, Inc.
An overview of startup costs is provided below. A detailed pricing list can be accessed via the link at the bottom of the page.
STAXI-2 Startup Costs
|US Pricing||Canadian Pricing|
• Includes: Technical Manual, 25 STAXI-2 Reusable Test Booklets, 50 STAXI-2 Carbonless Rating Sheets, and 50 STAXI-2 Profile Forms
|$ 486||$ 622|
Click here for a complete listing of all our STAXI-2 products and pricing.
Need more information? Click here to Request a Quote.