- Counselors and individuals at all stages of career exploration
- Individuals interested in learning more about a wide variety of jobs who will benefit from items describing real-life work activities
- Career seekers looking for an interactive and dynamic report with links to extensive career-related resources
- Self-interpretation or counselors who want to encourage some degree of self-interpretation
- Users seeking quick and convenient online administration and a comprehensive, easy to interpret report
What is the JCE?
The Jackson Career Explorer (JCE) is a career interest assessment that guides people toward satisfying and fulfilling careers. It is appropriate for use with high school, college and university students, and career planning with adults, including career changers. The JCE report provides a wealth of personalized career information including fit with 30 different Job Groups and in-depth information on top 3 Job Groups, fit with 17 different Education Groups, ranking of 34 Basic Interests and Work Personality preferences. The report showcases thousands of customized job resources including action steps and interpretive tips, and provides links to over 850 O*NET and NOC job codes, organizations, and web-based career resources.
Why Should I Use the JCE?
ACCURATE. The JCE accurately measures specific areas of career interest, ways of approaching work, and predicts top job groups associated with these areas of interest. Results are generated based on scoring algorithms that have been tested and refined to produce optimal results. The JCE accurately identifies the career interests that will motivate people to discover enriching, fulfilling careers.
GROUNDED. The JCE is a derivative of the Jackson Vocational Interest Survey (JVIS), first published in 1977. The JVIS is one of the most well-respected career interest assessments available and has been continually updated to this day. The JCE was developed by employing advanced test construction methods to identify the items most diagnostic of each of the 34 Basic Interest Scales that form the foundation of the JVIS.
SCIENTIFIC. The JCE has strong scientific roots. More than 40 psychologists and career experts have worked on the development of the JCE and its predecessor, the JVIS, over the past 45 years. Research has shown that the JCE is a valid and reliable career interest assessment. The JCE employs a 5-point Likert rating scale, which prevents conflict from test takers having to choose between equally desirable job-related activities. Norms were based on responses from 527 students and career seekers.
CONVENIENT. The JCE can be administered in 20 minutes on SIGMA’s online platform devoted solely to the test – www.jacksonCAREER.com or on www.SigmaTesting.com. Reports are generated immediately. Results are presented using graphs, numbers, scale descriptions, and job information that are insightful and easy to understand.
- Basic Interest Scales and Work Personality Scales measured by the JCE
- JCE Education Groups and JCE Job Groups
- Differences between the JCE and JVIS
- JCE Sample Report – US version
- JCE Sample Report – Canadian version
- French JCE Sample Report
JCE Occupations Guide
The JCE report gives extensive detail about an individual’s top 3 job groups. The JCE Occupations Guide contains the information on all 30 job groups in the JCE. This resource can be helpful to counselors or individuals looking for information on an individual’s interests that did not show up in their top 3. A Canadian version containing details on NOC codes is also available for download.
- Career Development Workbook
- JCE Exploring My Options Guide
- How to make the most of the JCE – webinar
An overview of startup costs is provided below. Detailed pricing is accessible via the link at the bottom of the page.
JCE Startup Costs
|US Pricing||Canadian Pricing|
JCE Per Test Cost
|US Pricing||Canadian Pricing|
Click here for a complete listing of all our JCE products and pricing.
Unlimited yearly subscription option available. Click here to Request a Quote.