Sample SigmaRadius 360 Communication
It is no surprise that communication (or lack thereof) with participants before, during, and after your 360 Degree Feedback Process is critical for success.
However, what you communicate is as important as how it is communicated. Keep process transparency in the forefront as you clearly communicate:
- What will be done to ensure the confidentiality of all participants
- Why you are implementing a 360 Degree Feedback Process
- What will be measured
- Who has input in selecting raters
- What will be done with results
- The project schedule
With the above in mind, here is a sample 360 communication that you can use as a starting point.
Initial 360 Feedback Communication
As part of our Succession Planning Process, you’ve been asked to participate in a 360 degree feedback process. The purpose is to provide each leader with a balanced view of their strengths and development opportunities. Results will also be used to inform decisions around Succession Planning and Leadership Development.
The process will take place from INSERT DATE to INSERT DATE.
At the completion of the process each leader will receive a confidential report, take part in a group debrief session and be given the opportunity to participate in a one on one session with an executive coach.
What Will Be Measured
- Each Leader will be measured on X competencies that are important for success at INSERT ORGANIZATION NAME. (To determine what competencies are used, contact our 360 specialist. A complete list of competencies can be found here.)
- We have contracted with SIGMA Assessment Systems to ensure the confidentiality of all ratings and comments are fulfilled.
- Keep in mind that there are confidentiality settings in place to protect your raters.
- If there are only 3 ratings provided in a rater category, the score for this rater category will be suppressed (i.e., not revealed in the report). For example, if only two colleagues provide a valid rating for Facilitating Teamwork, no colleague score will be presented for that competency.
- You will not have access to any individual rater’s ratings. All comments are reported anonymously.
- Your Leader ratings are handled differently than the other rater categories. Leader ratings are not suppressed; leader ratings do not have the same confidentiality as the other rating categories. Your leaders will be informed that their ratings are not anonymous.
For this process, each leader will be tasked with selecting their own raters and sharing those selections with their supervisor. Complete the attached 360 Rater Form. When selecting your raters, it is important to …
- Select raters who are familiar with your on-the-job behavior and who will provide honest and constructive feedback. You are encouraged to select raters not only from your own teams, but also from among those teams with whom you work closely.
- Consult with your manager on your rater selections. Your manager will have an opportunity to review your rater form and may add raters whom they feel will be able to provide you with important feedback regarding your performance and development. You will be informed of any additional raters who have been added to your rater list.
- Select a minimum of 3 raters for the following categories: colleague, direct/indirect report, and other. For the leader category, only one rater is required.
Interested in using SIGMA’s tools and coaching services to guide your employees in their path to becoming successful leaders? Visit our leadership coaching information webpage, or contact Glen Harrison for details.